While each effort has been made to comply with citation fashion rules, there could also be some discrepancies. Please refer to the suitable style guide or different sources in case you have any questions.
- There was no severe try and unify and codify Irish sorts of football, till the institution of the Gaelic Athletic Association in 1884.
- The first Gaelic football guidelines had been drawn up by Maurice Davin and published within the United Ireland magazine on 7 February 1887.
- The GAA sought to advertise traditional Irish sports activities, corresponding to hurling and to reject imported games like Rugby and Association football.
- Davin’s guidelines confirmed the affect of games similar to hurling and a need to formalise a distinctly Irish code of football.
- The prime instance of this differentiation was the shortage of an offside rule .
Mahmud al-Kashgari in his Dīwān Lughāt al-Turk, described a sport referred to as …